The jorojin GTS is reluctantly for sale, best in UK

Advertise your parts or bikes for sale here!

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

jorojin
Master Sergeant

The jorojin GTS is reluctantly for sale, best in UK

Postby jorojin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:56 pm

I am coming up 73 and have had my right hip changed 4 times, my left hip and knee changed and a major repair to my right shoulder that went 100% wrong, my body is saying enough is enough. Having spent the past 2 years on a full rebuild of my 1993 GTS1000 and over £7000 I am having trouble getting the bike on and off the centre stand and even when I do my right shoulder is so weak I am worried I am going to lose the bike. I think most of the people who visit this site have read my post "Starting full rebuild of a 1993 GTS1000" viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3327 . The blog speaks for itself and shows how much work has gone into the project, but I will show a few photos below.

The bike has been stripped down, the engine stripped to barrels, pistons and rings checked, valves recut and ground, valve stem seals replaced. Frame stripped and welds tidied and powder coated, all plastic painted in either anthracite grey, to match the powder coating or Yamaha MotoGP blue. New discs and pads back and front, master and slave cylinders rebuilt. Carbon rear hugger and chain guard with stainless mounts, Venhill stainless braided brake and clutch hoses, new clutch plates and springs. New polished alloy top yoke and Renthal bars (original bars and powder coated yoke available). New alloy levers. New bearings throughout, including the front hub, upper wishbone, rear swinging arm, wheel and linkages. Wilbers shocks front and rear at a cost of just short of £1000. LED lighting throughout, new front indicators. Customised seat with GTS1000 logo. High capacity Lithium ion battery. New tyres. Every nut and bolt is stainless and those that are exposed are generally special concave hexagon (probably near £600 spent on stainless bolts alone). Specially fabricated stainless large bore downpipes and silencer. Modified intakes and internals to airbox. Scott oiler chain lubrication. Pair panniers colour coded to the MotoGP blue of the bike. It can be seen no expense has been spared and it is a reluctant decision that the bike would be better used by someone regularly rather than me only taking it out occasionally for rallies or shows. I could of course take more codeine for my shoulder, but that wouldn't give me back strength in my shoulder, so I am afraid it has to go. I am going to lose money on the rebuild, but I would be looking for around £6000 for the bike, which is well above what an unrestored bike would fetch, but I can't afford to lose more than that and the bike is a thing of beauty.

tiretread
Sergeant First Class

Re: The jorojin GTS is reluctantly for sale, best in UK

Postby tiretread » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:28 am

My goodness. That is so beautiful.

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:06 am

Forgot to mention, new coils, leads and plugs, plus I have had professionally fitted a GPS tracker device, at a cost of over £300, which is not only tracked by Global Telematics Ltd, but can be tracked on your mobile. This also gives you access to the battery condition (voltage) on the bike, important with a long storage bike with a lithium ion battery. The tracker is very versatile and can do things like putting a ring fence around your house or locality and if the bike moves outside the ring fence you will automatically receive an alert. There is an annual subscription for the tracking monitoring.

Arno
Staff Sergeant

Postby Arno » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:11 am

Hi Frank, that's a pity that you can not drive this wonderful motorcycle, where you put so much work and love in it. I hope you get the money you've put in your pocket. The bike is definitely worth it.

Greeting Arno

daveett
Staff Sergeant

Postby daveett » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:54 pm

That's rubbish news, but understandable. They're not light and risking further pain or injury doesn't make much sense.

Hope you can continue to ride on something smaller?

Price is a steal. I wouldn't be surprised if it fetched 10k as a pristine collectors item.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

stevewp
Site Admin

Postby stevewp » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:22 pm

Such a shame. A properly beautiful machine and you've put in so much hard work, but totally understandable.

isle of wight
Staff Sergeant

Postby isle of wight » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:29 am

Hi Frank, Ive sent you an email ( or maybe it was a PM ) but in case the systems broke drop me a contact pls. Andy
May the 16th shall now be known as GTS day

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Back from 2 weeks in the Greek island of Paros, which pulling suitcases around has confirmed that my shoulder is now weak I have no chance of riding the bike. I am even having to get a second person to help each time I want to get it off the centre stand or on to my bike lift to do the couple of outstanding items that need doing, so the GTS is definitely for sale. It pains me to think of the hours of work that has gone into it and I will never get the benefit. I will probably put this message on the other GTS forums before ebay, so you might see it elsewhere.

daveett
Staff Sergeant

Postby daveett » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Rubbish news. I guess on the plus side it will go to someone who will really appreciate the work that has gone in.

Are you able to ride bikes at all now?

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Got my doubts as the hip that has been replaced 4 times is also playing up, so it could be that my 55 years of riding bikes is coming to an end. :(

daveett
Staff Sergeant

Postby daveett » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Have you thought about big scooters? I just bought one for my 40 mile commute - a Burgman 650.

Simple to climb on, supremely comfortable, very easy on the limbs and 110mph. Oh, and 56 litres of luggage space under the seat!

The diddy wheels will take some getting used to, as will the wind pushing me from behind due to the enormous screen.

But it's a hoot to ride, and I've even been nodded at by other bikers!

Worth a look before you consign biking to the past...

Return to “For Sale”