Page 1 of 8

Replacement exhaust system

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:12 pm
by kyosh1999
Hi~~I come from Taiwan.
In Taiwan is very hard to find GTS parts.
Now I want to change exhaust for two way out . 4-1-2.
or
one way out.
It's possible to find.

Can PM for me the website or picture.

Thank you.....

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:47 pm
by 24c
Kyosh1999, there are a few you can adapt to make a 4-1-2.

I would start with an FZR1000 EXUP or YZF1000 EXUP (FZR engine), see picture below

Image

and you'd have to graft another pipe onto the other side.

Other options but they are 4-2-1 include Renegade

http://www.renegade-products.com/renega ... 1029317788

Gazelle

http://www.gazbike.demon.co.uk/

Hope this helps.

New exhaust link

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:23 pm
by 24c
I was looking for something else and I found this

http://www.bikeparts.jp/yamaha/yamaha-g ... r-0528.asp

Unfortunately, I cannot translate this, but it sure looks good, small jpg below

Image

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:43 am
by Flydave
Renegade website return only a forum, is this normal ?

No way to find a slip-on or a complete exhaust for our "old" bikes ? :-(

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:58 pm
by 24c
Flydave wrote:...No way to find a slip-on or a complete exhaust for our "old" bikes ? :-(


Just to let you into a little secret...there will be... I am in discussion with an exhaust manufacturer (have been), about making downpipes (larger), and a series of bends. I have a very good (aircraft) welder near me, and we are going to jig a system up, when the weather gets warmer.

I will test it on the dyno, and it must meet or better my reworked Renegade or my DIY FZR special, but the can/silencer will be R1 aftermarket of any type. This means the link pipe will step up/finish to take this can diameter, and I have chosen this one because there are a lot on eBay and lots of different designs to suit all tastes and noise levels.
It will be possible to fit the original silencer with a little work, but most people would welcome a lighter full stainless system AFAIK.

If anybody is interested, please say so, as it will make this happen sooner. As far as cost goes I will be trying to beat the Chinese prices, less than £299 but using better grade materials/design (performance). The exhaust will alllow the fitment of GTS panniers (Krausers) like my blue bike does.

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:51 am
by Cyber--
24c wrote:Kyosh1999, there are a few you can adapt to make a 4-1-2.

I would start with an FZR1000 EXUP or YZF1000 EXUP (FZR engine), see picture below

Image

and you'd have to graft another pipe onto the other side.


Just a quick question for you 24c:

I got myself one of those FZR1000 EXUP manifolds, but as you know it won't fit without the proper mods.. By any chance, did you make any measurements about how the end should be repositioned? Would be a great help :)

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:52 am
by rooyenan
24c wrote:
Flydave wrote:...No way to find a slip-on or a complete exhaust for our "old" bikes ? :-(


Just to let you into a little secret...there will be... I am in discussion with an exhaust manufacturer (have been), about making downpipes (larger), and a series of bends. I have a very good (aircraft) welder near me, and we are going to jig a system up, when the weather gets warmer.

I will test it on the dyno, and it must meet or better my reworked Renegade or my DIY FZR special, but the can/silencer will be R1 aftermarket of any type. This means the link pipe will step up/finish to take this can diameter, and I have chosen this one because there are a lot on eBay and lots of different designs to suit all tastes and noise levels.
It will be possible to fit the original silencer with a little work, but most people would welcome a lighter full stainless system AFAIK.

If anybody is interested, please say so, as it will make this happen sooner. As far as cost goes I will be trying to beat the Chinese prices, less than £299 but using better grade materials/design (performance). The exhaust will alllow the fitment of GTS panniers (Krausers) like my blue bike does.


Count me in Mike!!
I think Dorith will like such a system!!

__________

Sir Avalon

P.s. Translate the Japanese website with:
http://translate.google.com/
That's a lot of fun!!

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:25 am
by Flydave
Wow great price if you can do that !
I'm interested :D

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:03 pm
by 24c
Cyber-- wrote:Just a quick question for you 24c:

I got myself one of those FZR1000 EXUP manifolds, but as you know it won't fit without the proper mods.. By any chance, did you make any measurements about how the end should be repositioned? Would be a great help :)

Unfortunately, I gave it away before I could test it on the dyno, or take measurements. I do know I used an R6 2-1 joint that I hit with a hammer etc to shape into the EXUP box section. The EXUP valve was removed and I made a plate from 4mm? steel and put a M18 x 1.5mm thread in it for the Lambda/oxygen sensor. I cut it about 30 degrees, but maybe I have a better picture and I can give you an idea...

I do have a cat, and another EXUP exhaust, so I can take measurements for you...the bend was off a criuser exhaust, again I'll check the size, as I have an offcut in the workshop...I might even have the cast bit I chopped off 8) ... I had to cut the bend at an angle and rotate slightly to make it finish the same as the GTS.

As you know the problem is the centre stand, and the exhaust is too close to the middle of the bike.

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:58 pm
by rooyenan
24c wrote:
Cyber-- wrote:Just a quick question for you 24c:

I got myself one of those FZR1000 EXUP manifolds, but as you know it won't fit without the proper mods.. By any chance, did you make any measurements about how the end should be repositioned? Would be a great help :)

Unfortunately, I gave it away before I could test it on the dyno, or take measurements. I do know I used an R6 2-1 joint that I hit with a hammer etc to shape into the EXUP box section. The EXUP valve was removed and I made a plate from 4mm? steel and put a M18 x 1.5mm thread in it for the Lambda/oxygen sensor. I cut it about 30 degrees, but maybe I have a better picture and I can give you an idea...

I do have a cat, and another EXUP exhaust, so I can take measurements for you...the bend was off a criuser exhaust, again I'll check the size, as I have an offcut in the workshop...I might even have the cast bit I chopped off 8) ... I had to cut the bend at an angle and rotate slightly to make it finish the same as the GTS.

As you know the problem is the centre stand, and the exhaust is too close to the middle of the bike.


Mike,
Was it my exhaust you created that way??
If so, Cyber can measure it up himself!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

__________

Sir Avalon

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:04 pm
by 24c
rooyenan wrote:[
Mike,
Was it my exhaust you created that way??
If so, Cyber can measure it up himself!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was... :lol:

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:05 pm
by rooyenan
24c wrote:
rooyenan wrote:[
Mike,
Was it my exhaust you created that way??
If so, Cyber can measure it up himself!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was... :lol:


Nice!!!

Cyber is my son!!!

I'll give him a kick and have him post the measurements!!!

__________

Sir Avalon

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:39 am
by stevewp
Well, my can is starting to split down the bottom too now, so am going to have to do something with the system in the next year or so, so if you can do a full system for £300 Mike, I'll start counting my pennies now!! Count me in

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:19 am
by Bill_E
[quote="24c"]Just to let you into a little secret...there will be... I am in discussion with an exhaust manufacturer (have been), about making downpipes (larger), and a series of bends. I have a very good (aircraft) welder near me, and we are going to jig a system up, when the weather gets warmer. ...[/quote]

It's warmer around here. If this train is still moving I'll surely be jumping on

Replacement exhaust

Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:00 am
by 24c
Bill_E wrote:It's warmer around here. If this train is still moving I'll surely be jumping on

I'm out of town for the next seven weeks, but it's still going to happen eventually. The only issue is whether I try to help the welder and make one pipe suitable for three bikes or more!
Plus I have to have a bike available to size it up. Interestingly the Delkevic Thunderace stainless systems have dropped in price over here, so if you are really stuck you could cut and shut one of those, and add a stainless bung for the lambda/oxygen sensor. At least the exchange rate is better for you.