Filthy Language

Forum information and advice on how to use it

Moderators: 24c, Dale, Rob, Dave Carey

Site Admin

Filthy Language

Postby stevewp » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:56 pm

Posted Monday, October 17, 2005 @ 08:57:37

No, I'm not such a prude as to ban swear words etc, but I'm mindful that others outside of us may read this forum, and may not appreciate bad language. Whilst the forum is for us and our benefit, it's also to bring in other people too.
In addition to this, something was said to me this weekend about this subject, and I have to try and accomodate everyone as best I can.

So, rather than say "I don't want any swearing on here" etc etc (which isn't my way of doing things anyway), I've enabled a filter to replace only certain words with asterisks. It's only a short list of words, and mostly variations on the same words, so it's not like everything you put down is going to disappear.

If any of you have any objections to this, or want other words added, let me know. I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable posting on or reading any part of this forum, and I also don't want anyone to feel like they can't be themselves.

So the point is, post and say what you like. If it gets replaced, we'll know what you're getting at, so it'll have the same effect. And if people come to me with a complaint, I have to look at it seriously, but I'm not interested in censoring you. We're all adults, and as (probably) the most junior one amongst us, I'm hardly going to start lecturing people!! Lol

That's it!

Return to “Website Information”