UK Owners Map

Forum information and advice on how to use it

Moderators: 24c, Dale, Rob, Dave Carey

Site Admin

UK Owners Map

Postby stevewp » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:55 pm

Posted Tuesday, July 5, 2005 @ 06:01:33

I started updating the map a while ago, as we had more people than I could show with the way I was doing it before. The new map looks fairly similar, but is much better, in that there's no nasty list at the bottom of the page. Each person's details are shown as you hover over the appropriate dot, and if you left click on the dot, it'll automatically email the person. A definate improvement, if I say so myself!!
I haven't rolled this out yet, as I'm waiting for details from a couple of people, and also need to check with a couple of others if they're happy to go on it. Whatever happens though, I'm planning on changing over to this new map by the end of this week, so if anyone's details have changed, it'd be good to let me know asap.

For those who don't know, the map is much like the one that's linked to off the front page, but each persons name, city, phone number, colour and year of bike is shown as you hover over the appropriate yellow dot. The page is passworded, and the URL is only given out to those who are on it. The main idea is for each of us to be able to contact those who are near to us, or near somewhere we're going, so that we can meet up etc. I've seen it put to good use and received well on other forums/clubs, and think it a worthwhile thing.

In time, I'll do another one covering other countries too, cos I don't want to leave anyone out, but as our main concentration is in the UK at the moment, this has been my focus.

Anyway, let me know if you want anything changed.

Return to “Website Information”