Have you ridden yours today?

Forum information and advice on how to use it

Moderators: 24c, Dale, Rob, Dave Carey

Mark Henry
Sergeant First Class

Postby Mark Henry » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:18 pm

So here's the thing - the GTS has been stood for a while - I bought a new battery and it started first time so I booked into the local bike shed work shop to start the reinstatement jobs - but it needed a proper clean so step one - down to the local hand car wash £5 later she's gleaming!

Step two ride the freshly cleaned bike to the workshop - Oh no! No clutch - the slave has probably failed big style so we now need recovery to the workshop. 2 hour wait for recovery

Step three - Finally - new chain & sprockets - Engine service and clutch fix. Looking fwd to the ride home & getting the rest of the jobs done especially getting the wheels polished.

isle of wight
Sergeant

Re: Have you ridden yours today?

Postby isle of wight » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:46 am

No it's too windy but I hope to have a play Sunday
May the 16th shall now be known as GTS day

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:57 pm

Just waiting for the DVLA to give me a number plate and then it will be down to Squires café to show it off. :cheers: :clap:

tiretread
Sergeant First Class

Postby tiretread » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Planned on riding after a sprocket and chain replacement but I have not clutch. Dang it.

Steve lister

Postby Steve lister » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Riding mine on Sunday cool dry and sunny forecast here in the south of France .
Just fitted new tyres oil and filters and running well . I recently found an add for a complete front arm with wheel , disc and steering stem like brand new . At first I thought it was a bit of a wind up but no I arranged to view and after a 40 klm journey I handed over €60 . Bargain of the year! The disc has hardly a mark on it and the rest looks almost showroom. Looks like I will be riding it a lot more .
Happy days !

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:56 pm

I got a letter of rejection from the DVLA today to my application for a UK registration, to say I am frustrated is an understatement, see page 20 of my thread.
jorojin wrote:Just waiting for the DVLA to give me a number plate and then it will be down to Squires café to show it off. :cheers: :clap:

Mark Henry
Sergeant First Class

Postby Mark Henry » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:51 am

Sounds ominous- why would they reject a registration unless the bikes got history of being stolen.

OmegaChassis
Sergeant Major

Postby OmegaChassis » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Mark Henry wrote:So here's the thing - the GTS has been stood for a while - I bought a new battery and it started first time so I booked into the local bike shed work shop to start the reinstatement jobs - but it needed a proper clean so step one - down to the local hand car wash £5 later she's gleaming!

Very nice clean example of a gts you have there Mark :clap:
just out of curiosity where is the ' local bike shed workshop' where you had the bike serviced :?:
I love the summer, it is my favourite day of the year!

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Nothing like that, I have all the documentation from the Nederland and the previous owner had the bike since 2010. :clap: :coffee: It is just DVLA being total arses. :wtf:

Mark Henry wrote:Sounds ominous- why would they reject a registration unless the bikes got history of being stolen.

Mark Henry
Sergeant First Class

Postby Mark Henry » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:44 pm

Thanks Omega Chassis - re the workshop, It's GS Tyres - motorcycles in Wokingham. They came highly recommended it's a really small family run business but their attention to detail works for me and they've just serviced & greased the bike properly. - We'd developed a bit of a squeaky top suspension bush it it's all good now. - I've got a few bits to do on the GTS as its got weathered slightly over the last few years but something mainly paint & polish will sort out. Then there's a collector box repair reqd on one I replaced a few years ago.(sitting in the garage)

Mark Henry
Sergeant First Class

Postby Mark Henry » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:49 pm

Good luck with the registration jorojin, you've done a lovely job on the restoration that's for sure. - I'm looking fwd to getting a few GTS together, i'm even seriously contemplating the Euro meet next year.

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:01 pm

If we all keep reminding OmegaChassis that August 2018 isn't far away and he should get on with getting one of his GTSs back on the road we might have a few UK bikes to go to Germany.

Mark Henry wrote:Good luck with the registration jorojin, you've done a lovely job on the restoration that's for sure. - I'm looking fwd to getting a few GTS together, i'm even seriously contemplating the Euro meet next year.

OmegaChassis
Sergeant Major

Postby OmegaChassis » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:25 pm

Have i ridden my gts :?: Not for along time :!:
And after the day i had today trying to sort my gts out. :?: :wtf:
I beginning to wonder if i am jinxed :!: :x
Tried making up the front brake line in stainless but the nuts that screw onto the banjo's were the wrong thread pitch. :x
ordered a new chain and sprocket set and only got the chain. :roll:
And final straw was i could not the back wheel in because the wheel spacer is not the right size. :?:
I had to walk away from the job then. :evil:

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:59 pm

I thought the banjo nuts were a standard metric size, I have had different length nuts, which has meant the hydraulic oil feed holes didn't match with the banjo (VFR800vtec) but always the standard thread. Rather than the wrong length of spacer have you missed a part out that would make the difference? :coffee: :doh:

OmegaChassis
Sergeant Major

Postby OmegaChassis » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:55 am

The problem is I am having to put the gts back to standard
after someone has had a go at making it into a ‘streetfighter’ . But they have not provided all the parts to put it back to standard :evil:

Return to “Website Information”