Starting full rebuild of a 93 GTS1000

This where you can add a special bike project based on a GTS1000 rolling chassis.
Arno
Staff Sergeant

Re: Starting full rebuild of a 93 GTS1000

Postby Arno » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:21 pm

The picture wich show the brake lever ist not correct. You nied vor the brake lever two holes to fit. on the picture is only one hole and a hole for a brake cable, but the GTS has hydraulik brakes and clutch!!

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi Arno. I am not sure what you mean, which of the photographs are you referring to. The levers are correct for the hydraulic clutch and brake and I have bled them and they do work ok. The handle bars that are shown in the photo are the original GTS bars, but I have since the photograph fitted the Lucas mounting and Renthal flat bars, but I have not positioned the levers and electrical switches until I have installed the bodywork to check for clearances.

Arno
Staff Sergeant

Postby Arno » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:03 am

I mean the pictures on ebay. The picture on page 17 of this thread are correct, but this are not the same as ebay.

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi Arno, thanks for the info. I think the photos are generic and not specific to the model of bike. This is the advert for the GTS1000 brake lever and it looks the same. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Long-brake-cl ... SwxfNXNhkt . I think they go by the title of the article on eBay when they dispatch them. Sorry if I have misled anyone :(

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Installing bodywork going well, I am having to make a few brackets here and there where they have been previously broken, but it is looking good. Hopefully lots of photos to see tomorrow.

jorojin
Master Sergeant

Postby jorojin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:24 pm

OK here we go, I hope this isn't overload, but it is looking so good I couldn't stop taking photos. You will also see from the photos that my workspace has been "invaded" by a series of iron fence panels waiting for their next coat of paint. It is a grand daughter proof (we hope) fence to go around my Koi carp pond. :)

I smoothed out the welds on the lower wishbone before powder coating. :cheers:

Look at that lovely Wilbers shock :clap:

I even tried the luggage on to make sure there was plenty of clearance to the exhaust :D :clap:

The gaps between the various panels seems to be ok.

I have actually got the front fender and the upper fairing on today, but haven't got any photos as it was too dark and I need the garage door open to get the light, but tomorrow I will post some more photos.

OmegaChassis
Sergeant Major

Postby OmegaChassis » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:48 am

Nice job Jorojin 8) :clap:
Those panniers look good, i wonder where you got them from :?: :whistle:
I love the summer, it is my favourite day of the year!

Return to “Projects”