Hi from Sweden.

A place for "noobies" to say hello.

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan

Ankof

Hi from Sweden.

Postby Ankof » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Ive been fascinated with the gts1000 since I first got aware it existed and was fortunate to find one just when I neded a new bike. It seemed in very good shape and I thought it was unique enough to get my money back if a didnt like it, though the uniqueness most likely is the reason why it took some time and sold for 2000 euro... it started somewhere above 3t, compared to other Sport/touring bikes in the 2t price range its a lot of bike for the money.

Been around something like 6-7t km in july. Changed frontwheel after 3-4 and that made some nice difference. Came home from Lofoten i Norway yesterday and Ive been growing more and more found in the bike.

No problems. About 2dl oil/1000km.... but It seems like it varies depending on the riding style. I should preload the rear chock som but othervise its very nice on the road.

Finnfjr

Re: Hi from Sweden.

Postby Finnfjr » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:25 pm

Welcome to the forum. I´m also a newbie with a GTS bought in May.

Finnfjr in Finland

franz125

Re: Hi from Sweden.

Postby franz125 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi!
I changed the rear sprocket -3 teeth and the the revs is lower now.About 3000km and no oil consumption.Everything over 4000rpm is bad for oil consumption to this engine.

Return to “Newbie Corner”