A place for "noobies" to say hello.

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan

frankguzzi

Postby frankguzzi » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:07 pm

Hello I have posted things in the club before but it was a long time ago so I thought I better re-join the community.
I live in Bolton near Manchester and have 3 GTS's non of which are on the road.
The reasons are mainly financial as I have quite a few other bikes and currently am using a GS1100 trike to rally's.
One bike is suffering from a stuck clutch from standing for a couple of years another is a German bike that I brought over but have not got around to registering yet while the last is a trike.
I converted a bike I bought from a dealer in Stoke to a trike and used it for a couple of years then I had a bearing failure. The bearing behind the clutch failed so I bought the bearing with the intention of repairing the bike.
Unfortunately time and my itchy EBay finger meant that I had no space in the garage to remove the engine so it has sat there waiting to be looked at.
Does anyone know of a good preferably cheap mechanic near Bolton who could take the engine out and change the bearing or alternatively change the engine as I have an untested engine as a spare. If you know of anyone please let me know, I would like it repairing but I am not desperate to have it done ASAP.
Does anyone know the number of teeth on the rear ABS ring or even have an old one they would sell as I would like to get the ABS working on the trike eventually.
Thanks Frank

OmegaChassis
Sergeant Major

Re: Newbie

Postby OmegaChassis » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:47 am

Hello Frank, welcome to the club. :clap:
I see you are only just down the road from me 8) I reside myself in Lostock Hall just south of Preston.
I know of a couple of mechanics who are local to you and might be able to help :?:
I would not mind meeting up and seeing these trikes if that was ok :?:
I'll send you a 'pm'
all the best Tony.
I love the summer, it is my favourite day of the year!

stevewp
Site Admin

Re: Newbie

Postby stevewp » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:05 am

Frank, my friend, we need a chat ;)

Return to “Newbie Corner”