New GTS Owner

A place for "noobies" to say hello.

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan

crusoe
Sergeant First Class

Postby crusoe » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:38 am

Hi Armin,

Welcome to GTS ownership, it certainly looks a nice machine, as mine did until I dropped it last year.

Yours will be the third GTS I know of in Sussex, whereabouts in Sussex are you?

You're welcome to come and look at mine to see how the top box and Krauser panniers are fitted.

Cheers

tiretread
Sergeant First Class

Postby tiretread » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Beautiful ride!

Armin
Corporal

Postby Armin » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:23 pm

crusoe wrote:Hi Armin,

Welcome to GTS ownership, it certainly looks a nice machine, as mine did until I dropped it last year.

Yours will be the third GTS I know of in Sussex, whereabouts in Sussex are you?

You're welcome to come and look at mine to see how the top box and Krauser panniers are fitted.

Cheers

Hi there!

I'm in Crawley :)

How many bikes are there total in the UK? I thought there'd be like 8 in total based on DVLA data, but perhaps I've been misreading that...

-Armin

Brian Steers
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Brian Steers » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi there, and welcome to the group.

The DVLA site is notoriously inaccurate. There was a discussion on here last year or so, when the site was first noticed, and we counted well over twenty active UK GTS owners whose bikes were taxed, plus a few more on SORN, whereas the DVLA site said something like five or six bikes in the whole country. I am on my ninth GTS in sixteen years and still have my first one (on SORN). All these bikes have been taxed and used, so should be on the system somewhere.

Discussions further back came to the conclusion that there might have been as many as one hundred GTSs registered in the UK, including about thirty grey imports from France and Spain, plus odd ones like my first bike, which was imported from Japan as an accident damaged bike. Allowing for twenty years of riding, accidents, project bike donors and other events, it seems unlikely that there are more than seventy left in the UK now, but that is just a guess.

Biggles

Return to “Newbie Corner”