Spring Meeting Location - NEW POLL ADDED

Want to know what you missed? It's all here!

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

Where would you like the meeting to be?

Billing Aquadrome
25%
Wyreside Lakes
No votes
Dalesbridge
75%

Total votes: 8

Dale
Command Sergeant Major

still looking

Postby Dale » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:59 am

Well still looking at this post and will get some great rides out ready for you guys when you pop up to gods own country if you would like.
Will take into account time travel, spots of interest (biker meet ups) and good food and twistys.
Will post a message with the routes which I feel are truly awesome when I get the bike on the road again (yes I am one of those that treat her with cotton wool enveloped all around her and not to see the real world with that dirty word SALT).

Just time to ask what you guys would like to see...any preferences?

Dale
Ride safe

stevewp
Site Admin

Postby stevewp » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:33 am

Just everything flashing by in a big blur! ;)

Seriously though, I'm pretty easy, but I always think the bike suits nice sweeping roads, rather than tight twisties, and considering most of us won't know the roads, that seems a safer option to me.

Of course, I nice cafe on the way is always good :D

Dave Carey

Postby Dave Carey » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:17 pm

:D
So Dale,

Thought you were having a lonnnggggggg sleep you Yorkie Lad, glad you haven’t forgotten the meet.

Anyway about these rides of yours, I remember chewing your dust down farm tracks and other so called roads, I escaped shagging sheep and re-arranging stone walls by the luck of Allah……so for the faint hearted chicken shits like me , perhaps not too many roads like that.

Anyway on a serious note guy’s.

I for one do not think it fair for one rider to take the front all the time, so if Dale has been good enough to work out some rides I think the easier more directional routes should give him a break and maybe make him back marker….That way Dale can relax too..

PS Trust me guys..be a lot safer lol.. :D :D
Your Humble Servant
See YA!! :) :)

gtsthouwa
Sergeant Major

Postby gtsthouwa » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:43 pm

How about shared marshalling,everyone takes it in turns to stop on a corner/junction/roundabouts. 8) 8) 8)

c eye cann bee seriouwse okashunnlee :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uphill and down DALE oops sorry mate no pun and all that :lol: :lol: :lol:
=========AIH THENK YOW PEEPS======

==========BOVINE BARD ===========

I PROMISE NEVER TO GIVE ANYONE A BUM STEER!!!!!

Dave Carey

Re: still looking

Postby Dave Carey » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:32 pm

Dale wrote:
Just time to ask what you guys would like to see...any preferences?

Dale
Ride safe

Ok Guys, Dale has asked the question so let's get together on this. No pissing and moaning after the meeting if you haven't been arsed to say what you'd like.. other than a good laugh...That's guaranteed as Evel will be there.... and Elwood , that cool Dude who I have a feeling is a mess when he has a few.... safety first though guys... You poor sods pity you won't be there for the full crack.

At least three of us will be there for the Friday night piss up. That's three members. In numbers it will be at least 7 people.

Now Eh up Dale there will be a spare place in Ansco's tent Fri night and Sunday Night.....plus as Steve say's he's bringing his own tent so you should be able to crash any particular night/s of your choosing..course bring your own blanket.

I would just like to say regarding rides, an hour in the saddle and I'm ready for a break with two up ( Marie will be pillion ) So if our ride organiser can take that into account. Break and pee stops!!

I thankyou.

Any members who have not booked don't write it off as it is very likely there will be room even for late comers. We have the Bank holiday before the real busy one end of May.

So roads around that part of the country will be reasonably traffic free to have a trouble free fun ride.

John of Ilkley I know you will be jollying off in the caravan but maybe you can get to say Hi to the early or late Crew.

Same for Ryszard and Matt.....jump on and blast up to see us.

Well I'm knackered now so

***** You
Your Humble Servant

stevewp
Site Admin

Postby stevewp » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:18 am

John of Ilkley? What have me missed Bear?

I've told my (Hannah's) cousin we're going to be there then, as he's near Harrogate, so may ride down, and may let one of my friends in Bradford know about it too, as it'll be a rare chance to hook up.

Anyway, as I said before, I think some nice sweepers would be best. Ideal for everyone, especially with pillions on board. It's years since I lived up that sort of direction, and was more West than Dalesbridge (Dale, is it really your own bridge??!! ;) ), so can't really suggest any rides I'm afraid - my memory's just too hazy.

I'm more than happy to help marshall though. Has anyone got PMR's on similar rigged on their bikes? If so, it could be easier to keep organised while riding if so.

Dave Saunders
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dave Saunders » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:32 am

well i have my bitch on the back, but she dont mind going fast and dont mind the twistys either so i am easy!!

EVEL

I will be waiting for a sarcky reply!!
Evel

Dave Carey

Postby Dave Carey » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:29 pm

:D Fook it!!
Your Humble Servant

Dave Saunders
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dave Saunders » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:29 pm

genius mr Bear