Sidi

They can be a killer to walk round the GP in all day, but how well do they fare on the road?

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

Dave Carey

Sidi

Postby Dave Carey » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:27 pm

Well my friends...boot sizes...I have a army pair...big heavy soles, hardly any feed back and sometimes stick on footpeg..

As my feet swell a lot ...I am also the owner of 3 different sized Spidi Boots and Ipair Gerike Sport. All the Sidis ..surprisingly enough do not increase in width but only length...well I guess they do have a knats knacker difference in width but being a fat bastard I can only just pull the big Velcro calf tab about 1and haf inches onto velcro..

Have had two pairs let out at the cobblers., they made a right balls up.

Anyone know of good boots that have a lot of room towards the calf area..

The Gerickes are pretty good if my feet are not too bad...but when it's wet the soles are like blue tack....really sticky on peg
Thanks
Last edited by Dave Carey on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Humble Servant
See YA!! :) :)

stevewp
Site Admin

Postby stevewp » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:31 pm

I know this'll sound like a piss-take, but have a look at women's boots. You obviously need to find a manly looking pair, and getting them in your size may be an issue, but they tend to be made a little wider around the calf, especially these days.

I know you'll all laugh, but I think it's a brilliant idea!! Lol

Dave Carey

Postby Dave Carey » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:37 pm

Image:? :? MMMmmmmmm is the Capitan having a laugh at my expense...just too subtle I can't reply with any sort of hostile vigour...

You may have something there Steve, though I would have thought that dressing up in your womans clothing in the privacy of your own home would not have extended itself to Hannah's bike gear...does she know.

I'll keep it quiet. Thanks for the tip anyway :D :D
Your Humble Servant

See YA!! :) :)

stevewp
Site Admin

Postby stevewp » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:40 pm

Actually, the DM's she wears on the bike are quite funky, if not requiring a little trimming off my toes! Lol

Another route might be the more moto-cross style of boot. They're highly adjustable and I reckon would do you well. Just not great for walking around in though.

Return to “Boots”