How much do you value your life? That's what you always hear when choosing a new lid, so maybe it's time to tell us all too!

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dale » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:24 am

TBH I would have thought that either of the Viper helmets would be a sameness so would be struggling with any of them.

I don't have a TomTom, gonna get a Garmin Zumo 550 for xmas.

The shoei is the helmet for me, fits lovely just a pity I have to buy the add ons.

Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dale » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:29 pm

How nice it is to make a successful phone call.

Called at Bradford Motorcycles whom I think are the best around here and asked if they had a Shoei Multitech which they all sizes but only in grey.
Priced at £289.00 :( told him no way as I could get a white one which is the colour I want for the darker nights, he said could do a deal then.

After telling him I could get one in white at £256.00 from the net he correctly stated that is the risk you take...I will let you have it for £260.00 then.

Woot, picking it up tomorrow.

Site Admin

Viper RS V121 v2

Postby 24c » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:53 pm

I am now the owner of a Viper V121 v2, with the pillion to rider Bluetooth protocol, so thanks to the nameless one. After chucking the missus on the BMW R1200GS, I decided I would get a set just to improve the comms and so she could listen too some .mp3 stuff whilst riding, I reckoned the Viper was close on the money. The build quality is excellent, although it only gets 3*** in the UK helmet tests. Looking to get a 56cm, Small for the missus from ... umber=4551 as they do a replace if not the right size service. 8)

Next up is a Midland 445 walkie talkie to interface with other riders, on the convoy this would be useful.
I've just started riding the GTS again, and it'll be changing

Site Admin

Postby rooyenan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:01 pm

I bought a set of Interphone Bluetooth last month.

Tested with Dorith... Excellent sound, reach up to 800 meters and perfectly audible with speeds up to 140kmh!!

Sir Avalon
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Dave Carey

Postby Dave Carey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:08 am

:) :) :)

Gonna be serious for a moment, thanks guys for all the info on the brain boxes....They come in at a hefty price so some research is good to see.

Which brings me to a hairy old chestnut which has been kicked around on the forum for 3 years or so.

I think bluetooth...mp3 etc are great leisure tools especially with a beloved riding with you. Good to see that is available at lowish cost. However ( Maybe Mike is working on this one) the one thing I have always wanted is an affordable solution to having long distance Comms.

As lovers and owners though our average age is getting on a bit there are many of us who enjoy a spirited ride...a ride where ten metres between your nose and the guys arse in front of you is too short a distance.

Having enjoyed the company of fellow riders it is not unusual for a rider to miss a turn (hold my arm up) and to my knowledge other riders have been LOST causing concern amongst the main group.

So I guess my plea is for affordable 1000m maybe plus range for radio contact. I know that would increase my riding pleasure.
Your Humble Servant
See YA!! :) :)

Return to “Helmets”