Viper

How much do you value your life? That's what you always hear when choosing a new lid, so maybe it's time to tell us all too!

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

Dale
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dale » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:24 am

TBH I would have thought that either of the Viper helmets would be a sameness so would be struggling with any of them.

I don't have a TomTom, gonna get a Garmin Zumo 550 for xmas.

The shoei is the helmet for me, fits lovely just a pity I have to buy the add ons.

Dale
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dale » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:29 pm

How nice it is to make a successful phone call.

Called at Bradford Motorcycles whom I think are the best around here and asked if they had a Shoei Multitech which they have...in all sizes but only in grey.
Priced at £289.00 :( told him no way as I could get a white one which is the colour I want for the darker nights, he said could do a deal then.

After telling him I could get one in white at £256.00 from the net he correctly stated that is the risk you take...I will let you have it for £260.00 then.

Woot, picking it up tomorrow.

24c
Site Admin

Viper RS V121 v2

Postby 24c » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:53 pm

I am now the owner of a Viper V121 v2, with the pillion to rider Bluetooth protocol, so thanks to the nameless one. After chucking the missus on the BMW R1200GS, I decided I would get a set just to improve the comms and so she could listen too some .mp3 stuff whilst riding, I reckoned the Viper was close on the money. The build quality is excellent, although it only gets 3*** in the UK helmet tests. Looking to get a 56cm, Small for the missus from http://www.sounddistribution.co.uk/prod ... umber=4551 as they do a replace if not the right size service. 8)

Next up is a Midland 445 walkie talkie to interface with other riders, on the convoy this would be useful.
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/midland_445bt.htm
I've just started riding the GTS again, and it'll be changing

rooyenan
Site Admin

Postby rooyenan » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:01 pm

I bought a set of Interphone Bluetooth last month.
http://www.interphoneuk.com/

Tested with Dorith... Excellent sound, reach up to 800 meters and perfectly audible with speeds up to 140kmh!!

Sir Avalon
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Dave Carey

Postby Dave Carey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:08 am

:) :) :)

Gonna be serious for a moment, thanks guys for all the info on the brain boxes....They come in at a hefty price so some research is good to see.

Which brings me to a hairy old chestnut which has been kicked around on the forum for 3 years or so.

I think bluetooth...mp3 etc are great leisure tools especially with a beloved riding with you. Good to see that is available at lowish cost. However ( Maybe Mike is working on this one) the one thing I have always wanted is an affordable solution to having long distance Comms.

As lovers and owners though our average age is getting on a bit there are many of us who enjoy a spirited ride...a ride where ten metres between your nose and the guys arse in front of you is too short a distance.

Having enjoyed the company of fellow riders it is not unusual for a rider to miss a turn (hold my arm up) and to my knowledge other riders have been LOST causing concern amongst the main group.

So I guess my plea is for affordable 1000m maybe plus range for radio contact. I know that would increase my riding pleasure.
Your Humble Servant
See YA!! :) :)

Return to “Helmets”