Money from auction GTS meet

This is the place to talk about past, present and future meetings in mainland Europe

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

Rob

Money from auction GTS meet

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:20 pm

Hi Guys,

just letting you know that the money from the auction that we had during the GTS meet is in the pocket of its destination.

Chris and I went Friday to the MA-Run to give them a check in worth of € 400,--.

MA Run is an organisation that gives disabled peole the opportunity to have a (bike)meet like we have. On Friday they have a gathering in a big tent with shows, talks and donators. On saturday they have a ride out with over 400 bikes with most of the people in sidecars...(maybe something for you bear next year) . And after the ride they have a big BBQ and a evenig with music and enjoy themselves with the bikers.

Thanks for everyone who bought something during the GTS meet and the look on the faces we saw this weekend is why we did it.
Pictures can be found on http://www.ma-run.nl, I'm sorry it is in Dutch but if you go to the foto's and then 2006 you see what I mean....(not all foto's are online yet but they will follow quick this week)

have a nice weekend.
See Ya...Rob

I want to die like my grandfather... in his sleep,
Not screaming... like his passenger...

http://www.gts1000.nl

Dale
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dale » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:39 pm

Only one word can respond to your post Rob "COOL" :lol:

Dale
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dale » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:56 pm

BTW Rob, how is the movie coming on...................

24c
Site Admin

Postby 24c » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:58 pm

Happy to help a good cause Rob, and nice pictures.

Rob

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:03 am

TNX guys,

The video is commig along fine, good work needs time......but hoipe to be ready soon.
See Ya...Rob

Dave Carey

Re: Money from auction GTS meet

Postby Dave Carey » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:37 pm

Rob wrote:Hi Guys,

just letting you know that the money from the auction that we had during the GTS meet is in the pocket of its destination.

Chris and I went Friday to the MA-Run to give them a check in worth of € 400,--.

MA Run is an organisation that gives disabled peole the opportunity to have a (bike)meet like we have. On Friday they have a gathering in a big tent with shows, talks and donators. On saturday they have a ride out with over 400 bikes with most of the people in sidecars...(maybe something for you bear next year) . And after the ride they have a big BBQ and a evenig with music and enjoy themselves with the bikers.

Thanks for everyone who bought something during the GTS meet and the look on the faces we saw this weekend is why we did it.
Pictures can be found on http://www.ma-run.nl, I'm sorry it is in Dutch but if you go to the foto's and then 2006 you see what I mean....(not all foto's are online yet but they will follow quick this week)

have a nice weekend.

Rob,

I stand just a little shame faced at my remarks about sidecars. Particularly as I had never given it any thought that it may be an extension to a Bikers Years after becoming disabled. Any remark I make is certainly not to make fun of other peoples abilities/disabilities.

Glad you were able to make so many people enjoy a biking related event. As for next year..who knows. :D
Your Humble Servant
See YA!! :) :)

Rob

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:11 pm

The remark was that you might DRIVE a sidecar at the MA-Run next year bear because you informing to build one :idea: .....;-)

Because I don't joke about any disabilliteis :!: :!: :!: .
See Ya...Rob

Dave Carey

Postby Dave Carey » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:21 pm

8) 8)

Well Glad to have cleared that up. As most of you know this old boy is getting a good kicking in the Health Dept.

What I don't think any of you know and I am certainly not ashamed to say I am also registered disabled.

A green field and running this bloated body won't keep up...... but Put the green fly(er) between my legs and I'll give you a good run for your money.

Thanks Dale for Christening the good old girl.

I wish we as a Club could put just one thing on that would raise a smile for the less fortunate...
Your Humble Servant

See YA!! :) :)

Rob

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:48 pm

Dave Carey wrote:What I don't think any of you know and I am certainly not ashamed to say I am also registered disabled.

At least your not alone there Bear, I am registred well as disable....sad but true, but the same as you, as long as the green fly between my leggs still will take me I won't give in.
See Ya...Rob

Doug Long
Sergeant Major

Postby Doug Long » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:09 am

NIce to see it going to a good ucause Rob.

As a former sidecar driver :evil: (I only sold the chair last year) I have taken part in something similar in the UK. It was known as the Jumbo run and we used to pick up disabled kids and young adults from Chelmsley Wood hospital (near Brum) and take them for a day out somewhere. It was always a good laugh, and the every body had a good day out.

Haven't done one since about '98 so dopn;t know if it is still goiing. I think I'll do some research, as apart from the sidecars they always needed solos to act as marshalls/traffic blockers (with official Police assitance.)

Cheers

Rob

Postby Rob » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:32 am

yep thats right Elwood,

The ride from the sidecars is helped by blockers who are solo and oficial police, there are about 400 motorcycles there and there are 250 side cars....you do the math....

But its very nice to help out.
See Ya...Rob

Chris
Sergeant Major

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:47 pm

The € 400,- is also largely thanks to people who bought merchandise after the meeting.
This really pushed the amount up a lot.
So thanks guys for your contributions to this great amount.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cheers,
Chris

Those you can't impress with knowledge, confuse with nonsense... :wtf:
"Limited edition" Black, 145000Km

rooyenan
Site Admin

Postby rooyenan » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:52 pm

DoubleBee wrote:The € 400,- is also largely thanks to people who bought merchandise after the meeting.

Might not be entirely true.... All in all good book-keeping tells you just that, but that's only because the's the last money that came in an tipped the balance...
Everyone attending the meet chipped in for the result!

just my 2c.....

Sir Avalon
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Chris
Sergeant Major

Postby Chris » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:59 pm

rooyenan wrote:Might not be entirely true.... All in all good book-keeping tells you just that, but that's only because the last money that came in tipped the balance...
Everyone attending the meet chipped in for the result!

just my 2c.....

Sir Avalon

Of course, but as you said, this tipped the balance.
If these sales hadn't taken place, the Netto amount would have been significantly smaller.

No offence intended to those who made their contribution at the meeting.
All contributions helped....
Cheers,

Chris

Those you can't impress with knowledge, confuse with nonsense... :wtf:

"Limited edition" Black, 145000Km

Return to “Organised European (Mainland) Events”