Euro Meet 2006

This is the place to talk about past, present and future meetings in mainland Europe

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

rooyenan
Site Admin

Postby rooyenan » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:34 am

I see you have now lost a pannier

Those are meant to be detachable, aren't they??? :twisted: :twisted:

Left one at home.... :lol:

Sir Avalon
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Doug Long
Sergeant Major

Post Treffen Blues

Postby Doug Long » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:54 pm

Well there it is been and gone, over for another year. :cry:

For those of you who didn't turn up and didn't have a valid excuse, (i.e dead or very near to it!) yah boo sucks you'll never know what you missed. :twisted:

To Rob, Nicole, Chris, Ansco, Henk, Niels and all the others involved in organising the weekend, thank you very much. :clap: Excellent organisation, good run (tour), good food , and good company. Plus the beers wern't bad either! :cheers:

Thanks for all your efforts and for helping us Brits out with the improptu taxis. (Rob whoever the guy was with the Peugeot say thanks for me!!) :wink:

For the rest of you, you now have a year to save your pennies and get your act together. 2007 will be near Lubeck just north east of Hamburg on the Baltic (Ostsee), a mere 500 miles from Calais. As soon as we get a confirmed date from Martin the organiser you will be informed.

Once again thanks to the Cloggies for an excellent weekend. :clap:

Chris
Sergeant Major

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:12 pm

Doug, It was our pleasure....

p.s the Peugeot guy's name is Jülf (yeah it sounds as difficult as it looks)
His wife (Monique) and he did the photographing and filming along the tour.

They are both top notch!
Cheers,
Chris

Those you can't impress with knowledge, confuse with nonsense... :wtf:
"Limited edition" Black, 145000Km

Dale
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dale » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:53 pm

I would also like to say a big thank you for the very well organised weekend, had a blast. It would have taken a lot of effort and organising for such an event, you guys are a credit to its success, well done :D . It was nice to finally meet you all, can now place your faces to the names on this forum.

I cannot wait for more pics and the video taken on the run out (there are two pics already on Rob's website).

What a great venue to have a GTS gathering....a pub with its own beer being pumped over from the brewery...heaven.... :lol: and to top it off talking for hours to the master brewer 8) about making beer and getting me fooking rat arsed (now try this beer, now try this one, now try this beer...... )

It was also great to finally meet a FEW of you guys (UK) that turned up, we had a laugh, and praises go to Flash for basically being my AA mechanic on the way down and the other stuff :wink: and dude can you fooking SNORE!!!!

Also a big thanks to Doug for his great navigation and to the "young un" for clearing my plates (btw you were right Doug, a lot quicker on the M1).

Most important of all we had fun and all came back safe and sound.

Maybe we should organise an event just like the Arcen one :idea: ....wait a mo....it would be full of Notherner's....ah well Preston it is for 2007 :roll:

For you guys that have never been abroad on your bike I for one would thoroughly recommend it. Ferries are cool....your the first one on and the first off. Seeing different places, people, food, beer is all there for the taking. Just save your brass, book the time off work and book the ferry and away you go. I will deffo be going to the 2007 Euro meet.

Just one word of warning though...when you stop for a cig make sure you lock the top box after :oops: (one shirt, one baccy pouch, one baccy tin and pride strewn accross somewhere on Holland's motorway :oops: )

You live and learn as they say :shock:

Dale

24c
Site Admin

Thank you too

Postby 24c » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:06 pm

Yep, I'd like to say a big thank you to all concerned, the organisation and the execution was spot on. Overall had a real nice weekend and as Dale said, it was nice to put the faces to the names.

Thanks again to Chris, Rob, Christain, the master brewer (provider of zero headache snoring juice) 'cos I can remember your names and all the others I can't.

Special thanks to Ansco for his hospitality and friendship, and also to Doroth? for tolerating the riding, whilst I went on a crash course in slow speed GTS pillion adjustment...

I also saw a few components and mods that are big on the GTS scene. Some interesting conversions, Vampire, & Thunderace exhausts, mirror extensions, lights etc...oil filler conversions, but that's a sore point :wink:

A few folk commented on my LED rear lights, thought they were cool, but the tax disc holder was considered ugly and what that's?

Thanks to Pol? the real Dr GTS for letting me work on Dale's bike...all those tatty bits that broke, that had to be drilled and tapped out...that's why it took so long to tune it.

I also got to ride a few other GTSs, and let a few guys ride mine, and the differences were surprising and interesting. I think I will get a Corbin seat and make a few final mods this winter all being well.

PS Tip of the week, make sure you lube the air adjustment screws on those throttle bodies, and change those exhaust analyser screws on the downpipes for stainless if you want a smooth running bike next year at Pol's workshop...'cos he doesn't drill them out for you.
I've just started riding the GTS again, and it'll be changing

Chris
Sergeant Major

Re: Thank you too

Postby Chris » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:20 pm

24c wrote:PS Tip of the week, make sure you lube the air adjustment screws on those throttle bodies, and change those exhaust analyser screws on the downpipes for stainless if you want a smooth running bike next year at Pol's workshop...'cos he doesn't drill them out for you.

Now you tell me...... :wink: :lol:
Cheers,

Chris

Those you can't impress with knowledge, confuse with nonsense... :wtf:

"Limited edition" Black, 145000Km

Rob

Postby Rob » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:50 pm

OK OK...

First thank you guys for being there in the first place...

I'm sorry that I had to little time for a decant conversation but we make that up in 1.5 weeks.

For pictures of the GTS meet you can look here..
http://members.home.nl/r.n.tooten/id125.htm.

For more pics you can look at Helmuths site
http://www.gts1000page.de/Galleries.htm
or at leslies site
http://www.gts1000.se/gallery
Its a first impression.
See Ya...Rob

I want to die like my grandfather... in his sleep,
Not screaming... like his passenger...

http://www.gts1000.nl

OmegaChassis
Sergeant Major

Arcen meet 2006

Postby OmegaChassis » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:33 am

Last (I am used to it!) but not least.
I would like to pass on my appreciation to every one who organised a fantastic weekend the organisation of which was to very high standard
:D :D
I would also like to thank every one else who attended from other country's
such as Netherlands, Germany, Sweden, Denmark and the UK as it was
pleasure to talk to other people with a like minded interest in the GTS.

Once again thankyou
and hope to see you again at next years Treffen :D :D

best wishes Tony Beard

24c
Site Admin

Re: Arcen meet 2006

Postby 24c » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:28 pm

OmegaChassis wrote:Last (I am used to it!) but not least....snip...

Pissing understatement, you were that far back I thought about fitting lenses to the mirrors, but reckon that wouldn't be good enough...need a frikking 20k radar! :twisted: :evil: :wink:

Next year, maybe the old dog will have learn'r some new tricks...like

pass your MOT early, preferably before the tax office closes. :lol: :wink:

OmegaChassis
Sergeant Major

Re: Arcen meet 2006

Postby OmegaChassis » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:23 pm

24c wrote:
OmegaChassis wrote:Last (I am used to it!) but not least....snip...

Pissing understatement, you were that far back I thought about fitting lenses to the mirrors, but reckon that wouldn't be good enough...need a frikking 20k radar! :twisted: :evil: :wink:

Next year, maybe the old dog will have learn'r some new tricks...like

pass your MOT early, preferably before the tax office closes. :lol: :wink:

At least i spent 70 quid on fuel and not engine oil!
I understand BP are laying a pipeline direct to your house as we speak to save you the time going to shop and buying some more.
No wonder the price of crude has gone through the roof!!! :wink: :wink:

24c
Site Admin

Postby 24c » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:01 pm

Mieow...did you hear me moan about it...no 8)

Just gotta take the knocks on the chin and get up, besides I got some valuable info about the engines that the listserve guys, don't seem to have hit on. :)

rooyenan
Site Admin

Postby rooyenan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:03 pm

24c wrote:I got some valuable info about the engines

Just call it logic!!!

But sure.... you have to think of the possibility...

_________

Sir Avalon
- - - - - - - - - - - -

24c
Site Admin

Postby 24c » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:06 pm

rooyenan wrote:Just call it logic!!!

As in reverse Polish Logic methinks...as I wasn't trying to do the sums like that before! :lol:

Return to “Organised European (Mainland) Events”