European GTS meet 2010

This is the place to talk about past, present and future meetings in mainland Europe

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

rooyenan
Site Admin

Re: Any other Brits coming?

Postby rooyenan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:27 pm

24c wrote:
rooyenan wrote:...
(maybe in time for diner this time???) :lol: :lol:
Yes, it was a bit late last time :oops: , but I might just go straight to Rotterdam/Europort after the Treffen finishes Sunday morning...just depends on work again, might have to be in Tuesday :sad:

Outward or inward... You're very welcome to make a stop over.. :lol: :lol:

Sir Avalon
- - - - - - - - - - - -

year1975
Sergeant

booking hotel

Postby year1975 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:04 pm

how is it done in english? http://www.bikertreff-im-harz.de/kontakt.htm or is there english sites any hotels or anything place to sleep...near harz...?

Rob

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:12 pm

When you send a email to info@domaene-stiege.de in english they will understand,

If you use the codewords GTS meeting 2010 and the dates they will reply,
Also give them info if you want a tent or a hotel.

See ya.

Rob.
See Ya...Rob

I want to die like my grandfather... in his sleep,
Not screaming... like his passenger...

http://www.gts1000.nl

24c
Site Admin

Getting ready

Postby 24c » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:56 pm

Just got back from holiday in North Wales, and prepping the bike. I was running a little thin on front brake pad :shock: , and there is plenty to do. Already tweaked the electrics, fitted one of two new coils, air & oil filters, and also noticed a few missing bolts/screws (vibration?).

MOT tester never spotted Öhlins front damper top bush is knackered, so that'll be me on the lathe tomorrow, as I can't get a new one quick enough. Haven't booked the ferry yet, as I don't know how long it will take to prep the bike. Got a few bits before I went away last week, that I have collected today, from my karting buddy, but I now need to do the chain/sprockets, as the front sprocket is hooked!

Looking at changing the gearing, as ran the bike on the dyno roller and maxed out at 156 mph (true reading) on the redline with 17/47 stock set up. (14.7 mph/1000). Indicated speed was much higher :(

Going to go 16/39 to drop the revs and bring the bike back into it's power band, which will be nearer 20mph/1000 rpm in top/5th gear.

Might fit the rear Öhlins shock and jack up the rear, so the missus has a little less cramped pillion position, but going to have to fit the big cases, 47L for all the "girly" stuff...and no it's not for me.

I am planning on do a little sight seeing on the way back from Stiege to Rotterdam, anybody got any recommendations/good places to see/stop?
I've just started riding the GTS again, and it'll be changing

24c
Site Admin

Thank you

Postby 24c » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Been back a few hours now, and just catching up with stuff.

I'd like to say a big thank you to all the guys and gals who organised this years Treffen. It was nice to meet up with everyone again, and catch up with things.

For those that didn't go, the weather wasn't brilliant. It was quite heavy a few times, and going through Germany back to Rotterdam, it was so bad, the cars slowed to 30mph/50 kph on the autobahn and you couldn't see 10metres.

The rideout was quite twisty, bumpy & narrow in places through beautiful wooded scenery, which you'd sort of expect in a National Park. The roads tested a few of the riders... it was obvious who didn't get out a lot from year to year. :P

The bike was faultless used a litre of oil in 1450 miles, and it might have used less if I'd changed the oil and filter before, but I ran out of time prepping the bike. I did get a puncture, hence the comments re the run flat capability of Pirelli Angel STs in a previous post.

The revised gearing was much better, but I'll be lengthening it further, as 16/39 could be taller still, and there is a possible 17/38 option I'll be exploring. I found the panniers (47L) a bit of a drag!, but the bike did manage 145mph/230kph on a several stretches, even sustained cruising of 110mph/180kph would hold off most other traffic.

I think 85mph/130kph was around 5,000 rpm, which lowered the fuel consumption. The best I managed was about 160 miles/ 260 kms on 16.5 litres/ 2.5 gallons with the throttle virtually unmoved the whole time, much to Stephanie's discomfort...no stops for 160 miles. :shock:

Next year I will have to do a gel seat and adjust the back shock/dog bones as fully loaded with the missus and panniers I could not swing the sidestand round without leaning the bike out. In fact I think I will resurrect the black bike, as the touring option, but first I'll check out the gearing some more.

So thanks again Martin, Arno, Rob, Chris and the unnamed others, it was wet, but well worth doing. Looking forward to next year.

PS I have a few pics I will post later

Doug Long
Sergeant Major

Postby Doug Long » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:00 am

24C
Anything said about next years event?
Elwood

24c
Site Admin

13th European Treffen 2011

Postby 24c » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Doug, it will be in D-76848 Hofstätten/Pfalz during 26-28 August 2011, and there are various types of accommodation available, including camping.

IIRC, the next year it will be happening a week earlier. 8)

Doug Long
Sergeant Major

Postby Doug Long » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Got it, have registered. By hook or by crook I intend to get there this time!

Return to “Organised European (Mainland) Events”