Commuting and filtering

Got a piece of advice that might just save someone's life? Be a Samaritan here ;o)

Moderators: 24c, Dale, Rob, Dave Carey

User avatar
24c
Site Admin
Posts: 3969
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Chorley Lancashire UK
Contact:

Postby 24c » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:35 pm

I am sorta interested, the only issue for me is time. Do I play Badminton on Thursday at the local club, or

South Lancashire Advanced Motorcyclists hold their regular Social night on the first Thursday of each calendar month at The Hartwood Hall Hotel. starting about 8.00. If you’re passionate about bikes, would like to improve your riding skills and join a brilliant bike club, then why not call in for a chat or just simply to sample the biker friendly atmosphere. . . see you there!

Perhaps, I'll give it a whirl, and then who knows...I'll have to change badminton clubs. :P
I've just started riding the GTS again, and it'll be changing

OmegaChassis
Sergeant Major
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:48 pm
Location: Preston,Lancashire

Postby OmegaChassis » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:35 pm

24c wrote:I am sorta interested, the only issue for me is time. Do I play Badminton on Thursday at the local club, or

South Lancashire Advanced Motorcyclists hold their regular Social night on the first Thursday of each calendar month at The Hartwood Hall Hotel. starting about 8.00. If you’re passionate about bikes, would like to improve your riding skills and join a brilliant bike club, then why not call in for a chat or just simply to sample the biker friendly atmosphere. . . see you there!

Perhaps, I'll give it a whirl, and then who knows...I'll have to change badminton clubs. :P


The Hartwood hall hotel seems to be a popular venue for motorcyclists,
was also the venue for the 'Lancs and Lakes' region of the Goldwing owners club of Great Britain.

User avatar
Dave Carey
Moderator
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:16 am
Location: W.yorks

Postby Dave Carey » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:45 am

:D :D
A lot of good sound advice by a variety of members.
Here is a suggestion. If you are not able to invest in the whole training thing no matter with whom....It would do you well to consider what becomes available on Ebay.

For a much more modest sum books by the IAM organisation can be bought (Used) as can others including the Text books that Police Class 1&2 Traffic officers learned the black art "The suicide swoop" and other such adrenalin rushing manourvers.

Yes it is not as good as a proper traininmg regime, but it is a start and if anything can help us enjoy our rides more whilst still keeping us safe, then it's better than nothing at all. The older the Police books the more exciting you wil find the contents....
Your Humble Servant
See YA!! :) :)

Image

User avatar
rooyenan
Site Admin
Posts: 2027
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Boxtel, the Netherlands

Postby rooyenan » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:05 am

Dave Carey wrote::D :D
A lot of good sound advice by a variety of members.
Here is a suggestion. If you are not able to invest in the whole training thing no matter with whom....It would do you well to consider what becomes available on Ebay.

For a much more modest sum books by the IAM organisation can be bought (Used) as can others including the Text books that Police Class 1&2 Traffic officers learned the black art "The suicide swoop" and other such adrenalin rushing manourvers.

Yes it is not as good as a proper traininmg regime, but it is a start and if anything can help us enjoy our rides more whilst still keeping us safe, then it's better than nothing at all. The older the Police books the more exciting you wil find the contents....


That might be an idea for us "foreigners"...
Since there is no real equivalent of the IAM organisation over here, I for one would be interested in those books!! :lol: :lol:

So if any of you happens to have those, I'd love to read them!!

__________

Sir Avalon
- - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
Dave Carey
Moderator
Posts: 1375
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:16 am
Location: W.yorks

Postby Dave Carey » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:14 pm

:D :D

Now that is useful that could be purchased by the club.

Would be real easy to pass around and IMHO should be kept within confines of Omega Rider Members. Again IMHO we have a better handle on us closer knit brothers. I say that because some of the information could prove downright dangerous in the wrong hands.

So Steve..along with the theme of buying kit for members to benifit from. Library..book(s) on Advanced riding is proposed...now who will support the motion.

Also comments please from saner people than I as to the merit of the idea.

I thankyou!!
Your Humble Servant

See YA!! :) :)



Image

User avatar
24c
Site Admin
Posts: 3969
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Chorley Lancashire UK
Contact:

Postby 24c » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:59 pm

I have a spare police driving manual for you Ansco, I'll put it in the post with the chain bits when they come.

I also bought a motorcycle design book, when the guys visited the National Motorcycle Museum, and it has some relevance too re the dynamics of a motorcycle and the inputs you can make to affect it.

I'll see what else I have to throw in the pot...and not being disrespectful to those that have strong attachments to the IAM, I have an IAM manual that can go straight in. IMHO if you are a critical soul, have good observation and been riding/driving for a long time without getting decimated by others around you, you will have noted most of the comments in this book along the way. It's still useful though for most people, but in my case I found the police driving manuals more informative and pitched at a higher level.
I've just started riding the GTS again, and it'll be changing

User avatar
rooyenan
Site Admin
Posts: 2027
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:32 am
Location: Boxtel, the Netherlands

Postby rooyenan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:47 am

24c wrote:I have a spare police driving manual for you Ansco, I'll put it in the post with the chain bits when they come.


Cool!! :lol: :lol:

Waiting forward to have a go at it!! :lol:

__________

Sir Avalon
- - - - - - - - - - - -

User avatar
stevewp
Site Admin
Posts: 2706
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:13 am
Location: Stourbridge, UK
Contact:

Postby stevewp » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:59 pm

Dave Carey wrote::D :D

Now that is useful that could be purchased by the club.

Would be real easy to pass around and IMHO should be kept within confines of Omega Rider Members. Again IMHO we have a better handle on us closer knit brothers. I say that because some of the information could prove downright dangerous in the wrong hands.

So Steve..along with the theme of buying kit for members to benifit from. Library..book(s) on Advanced riding is proposed...now who will support the motion.

Also comments please from saner people than I as to the merit of the idea.

I thankyou!!


Agreed. If anyone spots one before I do, shout me and I'll sort it ;)
Image

badass

riding a bike

Postby badass » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:15 am

SOONER OR LATER THERE WONT BE ANY ROOM LEFT ON THE ROADS TO FILTER THROUGH.
JUST GET A TIN TOP AND STAY WARM AND COSY AND SAFER.

User avatar
24c
Site Admin
Posts: 3969
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:30 pm
Location: Chorley Lancashire UK
Contact:

Re: riding a bike

Postby 24c » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:53 am

badass wrote:SOONER OR LATER THERE WONT BE ANY ROOM LEFT ON THE ROADS TO FILTER THROUGH.
JUST GET A TIN TOP AND STAY WARM AND COSY AND SAFER.

badass stop shouting you troll :P
I've just started riding the GTS again, and it'll be changing

User avatar
stevewp
Site Admin
Posts: 2706
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:13 am
Location: Stourbridge, UK
Contact:

Postby stevewp » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:05 am

Not gonna bother moving that. It's not too offensive, and I've now been through and locked down all but one section (it would defeat the object to lock that down too).
Image


Return to “Safety Tips”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest