Tyre Pressures

Got a piece of advice that might just save someone's life? Be a Samaritan here ;o)

Moderators: 24c, Dale, Rob, Dave Carey

twowheelsagain
Private

Postby twowheelsagain » Wed May 07, 2008 8:21 pm

Regarding these pressure-indicating-valve-caps:
During my bike's recent MOT I was embarrassed when the mechanic picked up on rather low front tyre pressure. Of course regular checks would've prevented this, which is why I've now installed these pressure-monitors. They are the ideal solution for lazy-me. And as with 'ryszard' I've had a very good experience = no drop in pressure!
By the way, I'd forgotten how much difference to the handling the correct pressure makes = steering's muuuch lighter now/again!
And for those who might also consider these caps, I got mine from 'Ultraseal'.

24c
Site Admin

Postby 24c » Wed May 07, 2008 8:34 pm

twowheelsagain wrote:...I was embarrassed when the mechanic picked up on rather low front tyre pressure. Of course regular checks would've prevented this, which is why I've now installed these pressure-monitors..

I think it's more noticeable on the front...I once road the socks off my Diablos and only had 15psi in the rear, I wondered why it was a little loose, figured it was tyre pressure, and just thought I can live with it...in 300 miles the tyre was goosed.

Check my tyres before I ride now, it's a good habit to get into, because you'll look at other things as well, like chain lube et al.
I've just started riding the GTS again, and it'll be changing

Return to “Safety Tips”