Avon Storm ST

Hardcore tourer? Nothing less than 20k miles a pair will do for you then! So, what's hardest??

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

rooyenan
Site Admin

Re: Fluff (OT) Banter

Postby rooyenan » Tue May 12, 2009 10:04 pm

24c wrote:I thought I emailed you? Yes, I got unpaid holiday.

So my GPS POI & laser detector will be illegal too!! 8) :lol:

YES!! Be warned and be good... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sir Avalon

P.s. emailed??? No....
- - - - - - - - - - - -

wheeler
Master Sergeant

Postby wheeler » Wed May 13, 2009 8:23 am

Hm...Switzerland has its own (weird) regulations :( .
Anyway...my Avon Storm ST has around 600 kilometers down (didnt reach the edge yet,but i am starting to erase the "Storm" engraved in the wery edge). Curently only 5mm of the edge are not being used (yet).
I can not say anything about wear but the handling is wery good. The tyre is wery responsive (good feedback) and cornering is easy. No scary moments when going in the lean angle....just safe grip. As far as it shows it is capable of holding the power to the ground (although it smears some rubber and leaves a black mark if i hit it hard in the corner). I hope the tyre guy holds hees promise and gets me the front tyre in June for testing (no costs for the tyre :) ). And then i will have a complete picture of F/R Avon combination.

24c
Site Admin

Pirelli Angel ST

Postby 24c » Mon May 18, 2009 2:01 am

I have just fitted the Pirelli Angel STs to the new bike yesterday, will post some pictures next weekend, and maybe this Bank Holiday Monday coming, I'll be riding around on them. Doesn't a bike look good with new rubber and clean rims..even if the latter look like they have come out of a Navy surplus store now. (It's a joke, truckwash has eaten all the silver off the powder coating, and they are battleship grey now)

Gotta few jobs to do to prep the bike for MotoGP trip though, as only one weekend left :shock:
I've just started riding the GTS again, and it'll be changing

Daley
Staff Sergeant

Postby Daley » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:15 pm

fitted Storm ST's to my GTS last year. They seem to suit the bike better than the previous Bridgestones, with similar feel and wet weather grip. As a bonus they are cheaper than Bridgestones and, after 6k miles there is still a good depth of tread, enough for another 2-3k I should think. With the Bridgestones, at 6k miles I had worn out 2 fronts and 1 rear. I'll certainly fit Storm ST's next time.

Ok, so I was wrong, I managed almost another 1k miles. After a spirited 300 mile ride the rear tyre was shot. So there we are, almost 7k miles. I'll fit Storm ST's again.

wheeler
Master Sergeant

Postby wheeler » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Finaly fitted the front Storm ST....
Rear has about 2500 kilometers down and the front now has just 280 kilometers. Done some hard riding today going thru corners at speeds of 160-180 km/h.... Complete feel of the tyres is perfect...stabile and light handling, leaning in the corners is easy and secure...nothing but safe grip, flipping the bike from left to right corner and back seems easyer (will see how it goes when the front tyre gets that usual v shape :) ), braking is better (no wobling when braking hard)...
I am wery pleased with Avon :D .
Will post on in this tread as the tyres get more kilometers on them.....

linli

heart beats

Postby linli » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:22 am

As a kicks fan ourselves, Lady Gaga beats Suppliers could them but also likely be cheap and poorly constructed, Our Bose headphones are provide you with the latest products and the lowest prices. power beats by dr dre You can get the best quality and price jordan heels here! Ordering Online with us is safe and secure! We offer a wide range of products with quality service for our valued customers. dre beats tour we believe that you deserve to pay less for what you love, which is exclusive kicks in a variety of colors and styles! beats studio their variety and selection is bound coming from what could possibly stay in stock perhaps, beats pro if you discover a design agree with certainly guarantee that they will have it contained in the size you'd. solo beats Such as let's say you want some Porsche jackets inside your even a family member or friend and you simply rrn the track certainly where an race takes place. diddy beats The booth or trailer that sells merchandise may need them though will be really expensive. just beats headphones A professional wait and have a look at special racing store, still you could have to shell out much due to this item or another type you will find. monster LeBron James Headphones not something you would want to wear or should expect to put on to have reasonable length of time. Monster Ferrari headphones Your best choice for choosing whatever you want ought to order online. A shopping store must have a good amount of merchandise no problems of selection or quality. Monster Diddy Beats Sale Strategies too what you should want dependant upon color,Racing stores and booths must make a considerable profit every time they sell racing apparel happening. beats solo hd why they charge such an abundance of for our merchandise.Also they are selling exclusive manufactured goods is not easy to access to get hence they tight on competition. beats by dr dre tour You are unable to walk into whenever you retailer and find out nice Porsche jackets for discounts little can buy a whole lot if you happen to choosing a contractor. heart beats Pr announcements stores need not charge all the to produce a profit so that they can charge less and you will get wonderful deals any individual buying multiple items. diddy beats we jury-tested the Embrace’s fit on a few CNET editors and the consensus is that the headphones feel comfortable and appear well-built for durability, which is what you should expect from headphones that cost $200.if you often visit on the heaphones stores,you will find that our Bose OE which cost $130 hot on sale now!

Return to “Touring Tyres”