Dunlop 208's

Only interested in the stickiest stuff? Why not argue with your mates about what's the best here!

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

stevewp
Site Admin

Dunlop 208's

Postby stevewp » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:50 am

I've had these on for over a year now. A sad reflection on how few miles I've done over the last 12 months, I know. Part of the lack of riding has been my concern for squaring off such lovely and expensive tyres on boring motorway runs to work and parents etc.

Well, events have kind of forced me to do just those journeys this weekend, resulting in nearly 600 miles of very dull riding. This after the tyres have already done over 1500 miles of twisty stuff. I know that sounds pitifully low, but this bike tortures tyres like this. They were utterly blistered towards the edges after their first ride. And if I'm honest, 1500-2000 miles was all I expected to get out of them. So the prospect of wrecking them this weekend didn't really bother me too much, as I reckon I've had my money's worth.

Ok, I've 110 miles left to do this afternoon, but I'd expected to see them squaring off already. I'm pleased to report there's only the slightest hint of it. That may obviously change by the time I get home, but I'm impressed.

I could almost consider having another set, but I really want to do more long-range rides this year, so will grudgingly go back to something harder.

However, I know feel happy that these tyres will cope quite happily with a respectable amount of motorway miles without getting ruined.

I can't recommend them highly enough. They're good in the wet, they're AMAZING in the dry. They stick right from the moment you buy them, and they wear evenly.

Yes, they're pretty expensive, and no they won't last you a million miles, but believe me, you'll have the best 2000-2500 odd miles ever!

stevewp
Site Admin

Postby stevewp » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:30 pm

Just to add, having had a good look at them over the weekend, they almost seem to be rounder than when I looked in the last post! I can't see any squaring-off at all.

These tyres really are the doggies doo-da's!

Dave Saunders
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dave Saunders » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:54 pm

probably your eyes going square watching to much tele and being infront of a computer all day

Evel

ride like the wind, still havent worked out what farting got to do with riding??
Evel

stevewp
Site Admin

Postby stevewp » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:01 pm

You're not wrong there (about the square eyes thing).

Still, better than going blind from too much self-abuse ;)

Dave Saunders
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dave Saunders » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:05 pm

nothing wrong with being a ships anchor at least i am aware of it, that the first step to seeking help.

Evel

"doctor doctor i look like a cock"
Doc "do you F**k!!"
Evel

stevewp
Site Admin

Postby stevewp » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:07 pm

Good gag! That's the best little thing you've put at the end of any of your posts!

Dave Saunders
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dave Saunders » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:11 pm

thanks mate, it think you should right a book ..."how to make friends and be popular".

Evel

"my lord is my shepard"
2nd sheep " is he welsh or do you always walk like that??"
Evel

stevewp
Site Admin

Postby stevewp » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:14 pm

That's very rude!

I would write a book, but they only let me have crayons!

Oh, plus I'm illiterate!

Dave Saunders
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Dave Saunders » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:15 pm

you said it!!

Elve

i think thats how you spell it
Evel

Return to “Sports Tyres”