Diablo Corsa

Only interested in the stickiest stuff? Why not argue with your mates about what's the best here!

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

24c
Site Admin

Diablo Corsa

Postby 24c » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:07 am

Just swapped my wheels out and the Diablo Stradas went with them :cry:

I now have a flashing ABS light again (LED stoplight issue), functioning ABS (which was used in the rain last night-front wheel) as the tyres attached to the wheels are a little short on tread.

Managed to cycle the ABS pump on the back too :shock: unfortunately it was too wet to test the Diablo Corsas that are on it, here's hoping for a dry sticky day in winter 8)

I think not! :P

PS They came of the dyno bike, mine are going away to get coated, and they'll be no speed runs with that rubber necked valve in the rear tyre...OmegaChassis that bike's condition, considering it came from a bike shop, is scandalous and a lesson to all, caveat emptor.
I've just started riding the GTS again, and it'll be changing

OmegaChassis
Sergeant Major

Re: Diablo Corsa

Postby OmegaChassis » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:28 pm

24c wrote:Just swapped my wheels out and the Diablo Stradas went with them :cry:

I now have a flashing ABS light again (LED stoplight issue), functioning ABS (which was used in the rain last night-front wheel) as the tyres attached to the wheels are a little short on tread.

Managed to cycle the ABS pump on the back too :shock: unfortunately it was too wet to test the Diablo Corsas that are on it, here's hoping for a dry sticky day in winter 8)

I think not! :P

PS They came of the dyno bike, mine are going away to get coated, and they'll be no speed runs with that rubber necked valve in the rear tyre...OmegaChassis that bike's condition, considering it came from a bike shop, is scandalous and a lesson to all, caveat emptor.

Well if you want Mike (24c) i can always arrange to swop the tyres over
when they are removed from the rims before being sent away to be powder coated plus also exchange the centre plate that house's the rear abs sensor as well, you know the one that you modified!
ps and also replace the dodgy tyre valves as well, just to keep you happy
:roll: :roll:

24c
Site Admin

Postby 24c » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:48 pm

Hey OmegaChassis I'm not grumbling, you just want me to drop the bike again :evil: :wink:

Don't worry I will be changing the valve, that is a killer, just makes you wonder who the hell fitted it in the first place. The back plate can wait till I do the valve.

PS O rings for the water cooling system, both head O rings, and if I finish London early, I'll be able to bolt the injectors etc on, and who knows it might get a no exhaust test crank and fire, unless I forget to bypass the sidestand switch. :lol:

24c
Site Admin

Diablo Corsas vs Diablo Stradas

Postby 24c » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:27 pm

Finally got the new tyres onto the rims for the 2007 Treffen, the only difference I can see so far with a 190/50 rear tyre over a 185/55 is that I don't seem to be using the edges of the front tyre as much and they are not as scrubbed as they normally look.

Corner speeds don't seem slower, but I haven't got a datalogger yet :? and I really can't say they feel worse than before, or better. Both sets felt good in the corners, although the 190's feel slightly more susceptible to road groove movements.

Might be going back to a 180/55, as the guy struggled to get it on the rim :lol:

rooyenan
Site Admin

Postby rooyenan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:51 pm

24c wrote:you just want me to drop the bike again

Drop the bike???

What happened??

How was the oil consumption on the way back from the treffen???

Sir Avalon
- - - - - - - - - - - -

24c
Site Admin

Postby 24c » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:59 am

24c wrote:you just want me to drop the bike again :twisted: :wink:

rooyenan wrote:Drop the bike???
What happened??

:twisted: :wink:

rooyenan wrote:How was the oil consumption on the way back from the treffen???

24c
Site Admin

Postby 24c » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:59 am

24c wrote:you just want me to drop the bike again :twisted: :wink:

rooyenan wrote:Drop the bike???
What happened??

:twisted: :wink: in Jan 02, 2007
rooyenan wrote:How was the oil consumption on the way back from the treffen???

See thread and post
http://www.gtsclub.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 2405#12405

24c
Site Admin

Revisit on the 190's

Postby 24c » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:57 pm

Not used the bike for a few weeks, maybe three or so, but weather was nice and I had a few errands to do.

Don't know what it is but I can't seem to scrub all the way to the edges on the fronts yet and that 190/50 rear is not getting close to the edges yet, 10mm off yet :shock:

Revisiting the same roads on a beautiful autumnal day I am definitely no slower on these tyres.

On my way to OC's house, to fit the heated grips controller c/o Volkmar, I was now maintaining a steady 80 from an undisclosed **cough**, as I became aware of an unidentified car that was shadowing behind a van and then closing quickly on me.

Anyway at the end of the M65, this Audi (wrong car for the boys in blue) was looking to go round me, I gave him lane two, slotted into lane one and set up the bike for a sweeping 250 degree right hander, with a 50 degree left a short straight and then a 90 degree filtering left in a big roundabout.
Being on the outside, and cedeing the inside line, I expected to be overhauled, but just set the bike up, dabbed some of the speed off on the front brake, loaded up the bars, and turned in...kept the bike neutral on the throttle and powered out cranked over with the back squirming, yanked on the bars again and flicked the lump over, and the Audi was dead in the water. Wow, the bike felt good, and I wasn't really trying, just having fun.

I was surprised, how nice things felt, so I decided to test them further. On the run back, I thought I'd play some more. My corner speed is definitely up on these tyres, I looked down at the speedo today and for example I was nudging 52 mph (indicated) on a sharpish 90, staying on my side of the road, and there was more left. I haven't hit 50mph before on a GTS, but did go thru' it at 57 on a FZR1000 in a pair of shorts, when I was a puppy. :oops:

So whether the passage of time is playing tricks with me, or the freshly pumped up tyres (36/42) courtesy of the Oxford bike pump (can't get a garage one on without fitting the 90 degree adaptor) are getting better, it's a mystery, but I am liking these tyres at the moment. and really pleased the front tyre wear is more even with a 190 rear.

PS MCN has a quick test of the Dunlop RoadSmarts? and they're highly recommended, especially in the wet. What's a RoadSmart, it's a new sports touring tyre, but they never tested against the Diablo Stradas.[/b]

Ambrosse
Private

Postby Ambrosse » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:51 am

well I've ordered the new rosso corsas and a 14 t sprocket.. so in a few weeks I will be trying all this good stuff out. ... oh how the money goes away so quickly with this bike

councilxvb32

Postby councilxvb32 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:26 am

Motorcycles,Motorcycles factory shop, megamotormadness

Thanks for the heads-up!
User is banned :lol: :lol:

Armin
Corporal

Postby Armin » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:43 am

councilxvb32 wrote:Motorcycles,Motorcycles factory shop, megamotormadness
http://www.NOTmegamotormadness.com

Spammer Alert!

Return to “Sports Tyres”