200 Rear Tire?

Fast-boy tyres (as Nick likes to call them) or sensible sports tourers? What's your recommendation?

Moderators: 24c, Dale, rooyenan, Rob, Dave Carey

SD_GTS

200 Rear Tire?

Postby SD_GTS » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:38 am

Has anyone experimented with a 200 rear tire? Will it fit our bike without rubbing? Just wanted to know before I go out and buy one.

Bill
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Bill » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:10 pm

forget about it; common to do a 180, or some brands of 185 or 190...maybe...

24c
Site Admin

Re: 200 Rear Tire?

Postby 24c » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:12 pm

SD_GTS wrote:Has anyone experimented with a 200 rear tire?

I ran a 190/50 Pirelli Corsa Diablo 3 on the rear, but it was a pig to get the bead on according to the tyre fitter...

Don't know why you're fitting a 200, a 180/55 was an improvement over the 170/60, but the 190/50 doesn't feel any better than the 180, but then I could be getting used to it. Should really do a back to back, as I've slept a few winks since this set up.

PS What make is the 200? Maxxis? :twisted: :wink:
I've just started riding the GTS again, and it'll be changing

SD_GTS

Postby SD_GTS » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:03 pm

Thanks for the responses. Several companies make the 200 tire. I guess I'll just play it safe and get a 180. :cry:

linli

dre beats studio

Postby linli » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:22 am

Across the board, dr dre power beats I just don’t see a lot of Beats Pro customers plugging them into anything other than a portable device or laptop. monster beats tour It’s always nice to revisit a formerly dreadful product and come away the second time pleasantly surprised, dre beats studio which is precisely what has happened following my demo of the Beats Pro headphones.everything about the Beats Pro’s performance is improved and not only that, by Lady Gaga Heartbeats it feels as if its matured, for the Beats Pro’s sound is decidedly more audiophile than its predecessors. Are they worth their asking price? dr dre beats pro For me, no, but I still don’t believe I’m the target market, even though I spend time in studios. beats solo hd While everyone and their mother within and around the music and entertainment industry can be spotted sporting a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre, Diddy headphones the core market for these and other Dre branded headphones is still consumers my brother’s age, just beats solo which allows the Beats Pro to be daisy chained with another set of headphones, preferably Beats by Dr. Dre branded ones I’m sure, dre beats solo without having to add an additional source or portable device. monster beats tour headphone cable can easily be detached from either of the ear cup-mounted inputs and changed to a third party cable for better sound, heartbeats by lady gaga if you like something that can’t always be said for the competition. Also, the included cable can stretch from 1.8 meters to 2.1 meters, just beats solo thanks to its coiled design. Like earlier Dr. Dre branded headphones, power beats headphones
however because of its bulkier size and more robust build quality, the Beats Pro aren’t exactly as portable as earlier designs. monster Turbine pro I doubt the vast majority of Beats Pro owners will ever spend time in a studio. In terms of sound I must say I walked away rather impressed. Gone was the flat, harsh, dre beats studio hollow sound that I was treated to with earlier Beats by Dr. Dre headphones.The Beats Pro’s solid construction produced greater sense of weight both physically and aurally, The high frequencies were a touch rolled off but sounded, again, far more airy and organic than with previous offerings.Dynamics were solid, though at high volumes the Beats Pro headphones would compress, sometimes substantially, producing a thin, two-dimensional sound.

Chris Pinard
Sergeant First Class

Postby Chris Pinard » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:11 am

Forget the 200 rear tyre,it will make the bike handle like a pig. Stay with a 180 if you want the bike to go round corners well!!

Trev
First Sergeant

Postby Trev » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Chris Pinard wrote:Forget the 200 rear tyre,it will make the bike handle like a pig. Stay with a 180 if you want the bike to go round corners well!!

I guess the spammer made u reply on a 3 year old question.

Aniway, i somehow understand why he wants the 200...
USA guys are used to shppers and they have loads of straight roads hehe.

On my view i prefer the 180 to the 190, 190 stars to be to big to do mountain roads, i hate to do highways, and from turn the 300kg GTs from side to side, i dont want it to be "too heavy".

I know my english suckd, but hope u get the idea :)
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Ambrosse
Private

Postby Ambrosse » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:55 am

This is the second rear ME880 on my Triumph 1600 Thunderbird, ran the first 7500 miles over straight line riding. Completely satisfied in all aspects. I will watch the pressure better on this one.

Return to “General Tyre Chat”